Friday, April 23, 2010

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it....


In the midst of simultaneously doing dishes, throwing in a load of laundry, making my bed and trying to catch up on my favorite TV show, I was stopped in my tracks as I heard Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Pure Imagination song start to play. I was hooked, instantly shuffling into the next room to see what company had brought back this childhood classic for their television spot. To my pleasant surprise it was AT&T and their new spot for their "Rethink Possible" campaign. I'm not sure if it was the sounds of my childhood or the brightly colored children drawings, but I loved the commercial and couldn't wait for it to air again. After some thought, I realized that perhaps it was the pure nature of the commercial that made it so memorable and appealing. In this modern day of pessimism and negativity it was refreshing to see a company take the "glass is half full" approach to life. AT&T is one of those such companies that has got its consumers smiling and literally rethinking possibilities.




After some arduous research on Youtube.com, I found a plethora of other AT&T commercials that were apart of the "Rethink Possible" campaign. All of which were uplifting and in their own way, inspiring. So perhaps this is what advertising needs these days. A sprinkle of naivete with a pinch of optimism. A wave of positive advertising will leave consumers not only with a buoyant view of your brand, but with a pep in their step as well. I think that AT&T's strategy to move away from criticizing other phone companies and focusing more on the possibilities of their own brand was a wise choice and will pay off and prove to be a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment